Welcome to my blog. I have had ALS for 10 years now.


Since I started this blog in June 2008 I've had amazing feedback. Family, friends, people from all over North America, Australia, Scotland, England, and places I can't recall, have commented, encouraged and corresponded. I had no idea when Cynthia taught me how to set this up, how much I would love posting and how many people would read it. I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has helped propel this therapeutic exercise into a daily routine. All of you, both friends and visitors, are now part of my blog family. Welcome.

From Go Pro

From Go Pro
View from my living room

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring has sprung, the grass has riz, I wonder where my birthday iz?


Ahh--the glorious blooms of the Magnolia and the delicate petals of the cherry trees. Everywhere you go in the city, pink umbrellas you.
Since Spring begins at midnight on the 20th I was born on the first full day of Spring on the 21st. I arrived just in time for lunch! Weighing in at nearly 10 pounds and as bald as a bowling ball, my Mother changed my planned name of Patricia to Karen.
I suspect I wasn't to be a ballerina. LOL.
As my birthday approaches I can't believe I made it to 64! Three year ago when I was diagnosed with ALS I wasn't sure. However, I plan on collecting some of my OAP(old age pension) so I must make it at least one more year and one month. 70 would be even better!
Since we can't name our date of dismissal, I'm heading out in the sunshine to enjoy every minute. Please do the same.



No comments: