Welcome to my blog. I have had ALS for 10 years now.


Since I started this blog in June 2008 I've had amazing feedback. Family, friends, people from all over North America, Australia, Scotland, England, and places I can't recall, have commented, encouraged and corresponded. I had no idea when Cynthia taught me how to set this up, how much I would love posting and how many people would read it. I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has helped propel this therapeutic exercise into a daily routine. All of you, both friends and visitors, are now part of my blog family. Welcome.

From Go Pro

From Go Pro
View from my living room

Monday, February 8, 2010

Pinch Me--Congratulations Beth!!


Pinch Me: A Long Walk from the Prairies is a heart-warming memoir that reveals how this simple philosophy guided her on a journey on the road less traveled from her native Saskatchewan to a new home in British Columbia. After obtaining an education degree from the University of British Columbia, she blazed a trail for British Columbia women by becoming the first female principal of a secondary school in that province. After retiring from a successful career as a teacher and educational administrator, she meets and marries the love of her life. Together they in 1993 co-founded ACCES (African Canadian Continuing Education Society) a model non-profit organization that is dedicated to defeating poverty in Western Kenya through education (in 1999, she received the prestigious Lewis Perinbaum award for Excellence in International Development). Today ACCES is managed by Kenyans, has four key programs that benefit more than 1800 young Kenyans annually and has opened ten schools in Kenya.

No comments: