Welcome to my blog. I have had ALS for 10 years now.


Since I started this blog in June 2008 I've had amazing feedback. Family, friends, people from all over North America, Australia, Scotland, England, and places I can't recall, have commented, encouraged and corresponded. I had no idea when Cynthia taught me how to set this up, how much I would love posting and how many people would read it. I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has helped propel this therapeutic exercise into a daily routine. All of you, both friends and visitors, are now part of my blog family. Welcome.

From Go Pro

From Go Pro
View from my living room

Friday, December 4, 2009

A little chilly

It's cold outside but the sunshine is beautiful. I've been going out when I feel the cold won't bother my muscles. Unfortunately, my weakened muscles cramp in the cold or they start to spasm. As many of you know, I love snow, so I hope we get a little this winter.
I have my Charlie Brown tree up and a few decorations out. My T.V. is on "Traditional Christmas Music" and I have my finger nails painted green and red with white Christmas trees on them. I'm in the spirit.
I bought "UGG" boots(lined with lamb's wool) to keep my ALS cold feet warm. My toes are curling due to muscle atrophy and they look like paws!
My speech is slow-- I sound like I've been drinking. Some people probably think I sleep on a bench in the park. Ha!
Setbacks are just that--with new devices I manage well. My iPhone has arrived and I will download a speech program. Also my new power chair was delivered. They set it up today so I can use the driving joystick as a mouse for my computer. They will change the foot plate and make a few other adjustments before it's ready to roll. The elevation feature is great. I can reach cupboards and raise my chair to talk with people at eye level. I'm very fortunate to live in such a high tech time. I can imagine the frustration, living with ALS 50 years ago.


No comments: