Welcome to my blog. I have had ALS for 10 years now.


Since I started this blog in June 2008 I've had amazing feedback. Family, friends, people from all over North America, Australia, Scotland, England, and places I can't recall, have commented, encouraged and corresponded. I had no idea when Cynthia taught me how to set this up, how much I would love posting and how many people would read it. I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has helped propel this therapeutic exercise into a daily routine. All of you, both friends and visitors, are now part of my blog family. Welcome.

From Go Pro

From Go Pro
View from my living room

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hope


ALS Message Of Hope

ALS may rob you of your physical body, but it does not rob you of your soul.

You live in a society that emphasizes patient autonomy and you will be able to maintain yours.

While embarking on a difficult endeavour, know you are not going it alone.

Families and friends can come closer, and you will discover new friends.

Other people with ALS are available and willing to share in the ups and downs of the journey.

There are many dimensions to managing ALS and many professionals available to help you with them.

The resources currently available to those affected by ALS are without precedent.

You continue to be a valued member of society who can contribute to your family and your friends through the human values in which you believe.

You continue to play a role in educating your children and providing support to your family.

Due to the intense interest in people with ALS, the options available to you exceed those that were available to previous generations and are expected to increase.

While no one has chosen this path, most have traversed it with courage and with dignity.

From: ALS and Beyond
Carmel Armon, M.D., Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA





No comments: