Welcome to my blog. I have had ALS for 10 years now.


Since I started this blog in June 2008 I've had amazing feedback. Family, friends, people from all over North America, Australia, Scotland, England, and places I can't recall, have commented, encouraged and corresponded. I had no idea when Cynthia taught me how to set this up, how much I would love posting and how many people would read it. I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has helped propel this therapeutic exercise into a daily routine. All of you, both friends and visitors, are now part of my blog family. Welcome.

From Go Pro

From Go Pro
View from my living room

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Life then and now



I look uncomfortable sitting on those huge double tires. My big sister is trying to comfort me but my leg is stuck, the sun is in my eyes and it doesn't look like I've got any pants on for goodness' sake!! On top of all that I've got a double chin!--and I think I've got problems now.
Well, through the years I've had my ups and downs and perhaps would have jumped back then if I knew life would be so challenging-- but I didn't, and here I am today writing in my study, after motoring up Granville Street on my power chair, and thinking about how I've managed so many hurdles and still flying on my own.
Click here for one of my all time favorite songs.

1 comment:

Alice said...

I love the photos from your childhood. I really enjoy looking at them, especially the other things in the photo. They help mark the timeframe for me. Interesting!