Welcome to my blog. I have had ALS for 10 years now.


Since I started this blog in June 2008 I've had amazing feedback. Family, friends, people from all over North America, Australia, Scotland, England, and places I can't recall, have commented, encouraged and corresponded. I had no idea when Cynthia taught me how to set this up, how much I would love posting and how many people would read it. I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has helped propel this therapeutic exercise into a daily routine. All of you, both friends and visitors, are now part of my blog family. Welcome.

From Go Pro

From Go Pro
View from my living room

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Pippi Longstocking and Me


Forever and always I wanted
to be like Pippi--
outrageous and full of mischief.
However, I was too shy and too eager to do well in school. Perhaps if someone had given me a monkey I could have been like her. I had the freckles, red hair and pigtails.

Pippi didn't have any parents so she got to do whatever she liked. What a lucky girl!
Now that I'm older, and not well, I wish I had parents --someone to look after me and tell me everything will be all right. Thank heavens I have family and friends.
Perhaps I still have time to be Pippi. I could be the menace of Granville Street! I must get that monkey.



2 comments:

Alice said...

Karyn, Pippi Longstocking books were always my favorites to read as a kid. I still have my copies. My daughter, alas, has never developed a liking for Pippi. What a shame, really. Pippi was always great fun!

Our trip to Texas was awesome! Got home last night. I can't believe I actually flew on an airplane going and coming. Without getting sick. Patches and pills are wonderful :).

Stephan Scharnberg said...

Hmm, I wonder where we could get you a monkey? Can we get him in time for the next BWG meeting at your place? Wouldn't it be fun to have him cavort as we chat, read, and critique?! Maybe he can help James work on his monkey story.