Welcome to my blog. I have had ALS for 10 years now.


Since I started this blog in June 2008 I've had amazing feedback. Family, friends, people from all over North America, Australia, Scotland, England, and places I can't recall, have commented, encouraged and corresponded. I had no idea when Cynthia taught me how to set this up, how much I would love posting and how many people would read it. I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has helped propel this therapeutic exercise into a daily routine. All of you, both friends and visitors, are now part of my blog family. Welcome.

From Go Pro

From Go Pro
View from my living room

Friday, December 12, 2008

Permobil c300

This is the power chair I want but Santa said it is $33,000 and insurance only pays 50%. He can't afford the rest. Santa must have Scottish blood(probably wears tartan underwear). He brought the neighbors a BMW last year so what's with him? --and he drives a fancy sleigh. We obviously need to have a heart to heart chat.
My legs are getting weaker and the pressure on my arms and shoulders using the walker has become painful so the time has come to consider being in a chair full time. It's a difficult emotional transition but a necessary one and I'll conquer it over the next 3 months. I'll survive learning to use the chair indoors just fine, but the door frames probably won't!

1 comment:

Alice said...

I wish you could have your new "dream" chair! I'd help you if I could afford it, but I can't either. Praying for you everyday. Hang in there.