Welcome to my blog. I have had ALS for 10 years now.


Since I started this blog in June 2008 I've had amazing feedback. Family, friends, people from all over North America, Australia, Scotland, England, and places I can't recall, have commented, encouraged and corresponded. I had no idea when Cynthia taught me how to set this up, how much I would love posting and how many people would read it. I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has helped propel this therapeutic exercise into a daily routine. All of you, both friends and visitors, are now part of my blog family. Welcome.

From Go Pro

From Go Pro
View from my living room

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas 1950





I'm the short one but grew to be taller than my sister. We so loved those reindeer! I can't remember for sure, but I think they came from Eaton's Christmas catalogue. The newspaper ad is from the mid 1940s. I spotted it in the archives and it advertises children's Kenwood coats and legging sets with matching hat for $25. That was a lot of money back then but our Mother always wanted us to look good. I feel a little guilty sitting here in my vintage snowflake PJs writing this post.

1 comment:

Alice said...

I always loved looking at the old papers and catalogs my grandparents had around their house. They never threw anything away. If they were still alive the would be approaching 110 years old. The prices were always interesting to me. I wondered why we had to pay so much when they got to pay so little :).