Welcome to my blog. I have had ALS for 10 years now.


Since I started this blog in June 2008 I've had amazing feedback. Family, friends, people from all over North America, Australia, Scotland, England, and places I can't recall, have commented, encouraged and corresponded. I had no idea when Cynthia taught me how to set this up, how much I would love posting and how many people would read it. I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has helped propel this therapeutic exercise into a daily routine. All of you, both friends and visitors, are now part of my blog family. Welcome.

From Go Pro

From Go Pro
View from my living room

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I Have A Dream


The sky has always fascinated me. Do you remember as a child sprawled out on the grass trying to find shapes in the clouds?
My Dad had a small plane and I recall him flying over our house and tipping his wings as a way of waving at us. In my 30s I took flying lessons but soon changed my mind after the first lesson that required stalling the engine and restarting it. Do you have any idea how fast that sucker drops? I just about lost my cookies. At night my Mom would point out the Big Dipper and the Milky Way. And so the sky still remains a magical mystery for me. In this picture there is a small dot lower centre--the rescue helicopter coming in to land on the hospital roof. I watch it from my office study window. I'm waiting for it to rescue me. LOL.

No comments: