Welcome to my blog. I have had ALS for 10 years now.


Since I started this blog in June 2008 I've had amazing feedback. Family, friends, people from all over North America, Australia, Scotland, England, and places I can't recall, have commented, encouraged and corresponded. I had no idea when Cynthia taught me how to set this up, how much I would love posting and how many people would read it. I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has helped propel this therapeutic exercise into a daily routine. All of you, both friends and visitors, are now part of my blog family. Welcome.

From Go Pro

From Go Pro
View from my living room

Sunday, August 17, 2008

My pal in Scotland







This is about my friend and ALS pal Libby from Holywood Village, Scotland, where she lives with her husband Sean and her two handsome sons, Sam and Dan. Their village is just a few miles north of Dumfries. Libby has been a wonderful support for me both as a person with ALS and as a friend willing to share the ups and downs of this journey. The picture of her speeding down the roadway in her power chair always makes me laugh as we both would like to run away some times--not from our loved ones, but from ALS. Thank you Libby for your incredible display of strength, your humour, and your ongoing encouragement.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Hello from Kentucky. I was blog hopping and stopped to read yours. I was truly inspired by your sense of humor while also struggling with ALS. I have a blogging friend in Scotland also. Her name is Kate and her blogspot is:http://lunatic-kate.blogspot.com/
Come over and visit me "Living on the Other Side of the Hill" sometime. I love company. Just click on my name in blue at the top of this comment. God Bless You and Keep You.