Welcome to my blog. I have had ALS for 10 years now.


Since I started this blog in June 2008 I've had amazing feedback. Family, friends, people from all over North America, Australia, Scotland, England, and places I can't recall, have commented, encouraged and corresponded. I had no idea when Cynthia taught me how to set this up, how much I would love posting and how many people would read it. I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has helped propel this therapeutic exercise into a daily routine. All of you, both friends and visitors, are now part of my blog family. Welcome.

From Go Pro

From Go Pro
View from my living room

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A day to be celebrated!


I can't believe it!! My automatic door opener for the front of the building has been approved. Yahoo!! This is a wonderful freedom for me. No more sitting in my wheelchair waiting for someone to hold the door open to let me out or let me in. This is a win for handicapped people everywhere in Vancouver. A big thank you to my brother Ken who helped with my request from the beginning and stayed with it for 5 long months until approval. Also thanks to Eva Cham, the OT from the ALS Clinic who sent a terrific letter to council before the proposal was presented at the annual general meeting--and thanks to many others involved who stepped up and helped me fight for my rights as a person with a disability. Thank you to all of you who knew of my plight and cheered me on. It is a day to be celebrated.

1 comment:

Alice said...

Way to go! Good for you!