Welcome to my blog. I have had ALS for 10 years now.


Since I started this blog in June 2008 I've had amazing feedback. Family, friends, people from all over North America, Australia, Scotland, England, and places I can't recall, have commented, encouraged and corresponded. I had no idea when Cynthia taught me how to set this up, how much I would love posting and how many people would read it. I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has helped propel this therapeutic exercise into a daily routine. All of you, both friends and visitors, are now part of my blog family. Welcome.

From Go Pro

From Go Pro
View from my living room

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Finger Monkeys


Finger Monkeys – Too Small To Be Real?

Ever held a finger monkey before? What’s a finger monkey, you ask. Well, believe it or not, it’s a monkey the size of a human finger. They got their name because of their size and the fact that they cling to your fingers when you try to hold them. The planet’s smallest living primate, finger monkeys are also known as pocket monkeys or tiny lions.

Indigenous to the rain forests of Brazil, Peru, Ecuador, and Colombia (where they possibly export drugs to other finger monkeys), the common finger monkey can grow up to 14 inches. Don’t let a finger monkey’s looks fool you. Its claws are extremely sharp, and when a provoked, these pygmy marmosets can wreak havoc like you’ve never seen.



1 comment:

Alice said...

so cute! i need a few of these :)