Welcome to my blog. I have had ALS for 10 years now.


Since I started this blog in June 2008 I've had amazing feedback. Family, friends, people from all over North America, Australia, Scotland, England, and places I can't recall, have commented, encouraged and corresponded. I had no idea when Cynthia taught me how to set this up, how much I would love posting and how many people would read it. I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has helped propel this therapeutic exercise into a daily routine. All of you, both friends and visitors, are now part of my blog family. Welcome.

From Go Pro

From Go Pro
View from my living room

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

ALS strikes another Pro Football Player

Former University of Alabama and pro football player Kevin Turner is battling ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease. Recent research shows a link between sports concussions and the development of the disease. Turner played nine years in the pros. Right now he is looking at experimental drug treatments to slow the progress of the disease. There is no cure for ALS.

1 comment:

Alice said...

the link between sports and ALS is an interesting one. i had no idea.

sorry i've not been online so much lately. my internet is giving me fits. the internet company swears nothing is wrong, but i'm not buying it. i'm headed out of town for 3 days - maybe i'll have decent internet where i'm going and i can catch up on everything :). i hope you have an excellent rest of the week :)