Welcome to my blog. I have had ALS for 10 years now.


Since I started this blog in June 2008 I've had amazing feedback. Family, friends, people from all over North America, Australia, Scotland, England, and places I can't recall, have commented, encouraged and corresponded. I had no idea when Cynthia taught me how to set this up, how much I would love posting and how many people would read it. I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has helped propel this therapeutic exercise into a daily routine. All of you, both friends and visitors, are now part of my blog family. Welcome.

From Go Pro

From Go Pro
View from my living room

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Home Again


I'm home and snuggled down. Everything went well with no complications.
The staff were caring and my roommate(MS) was a wonderful woman with humor and courage. I learn so much from others on a similar journey.
I will now take water through the tube as I'm not a good H2O drinker. All other food will be by mouth, as usual, until I begin coughing/choking frequently. The greatest fear is that I will get aspiration pneumonia so I must be cautious when eating and drinking.
I'm happy to have it done--no pain--and enjoyed meeting so many dedicated professionals and fellow courageous patients.
The entire experience was softened by the companionship of my Care Aide and all of you praying, hoping, visiting and sending cards, emails and telephone good wishes. Thank you.

2 comments:

Alice said...

how do i send a card? would you email me your address? my email is kenoly2000@hotmail.com i'm glad your procedure is done and that it went well. sorry that you have to do it, but i guess it's good to have everything in place and ready. i hope you have a great week coming up! i'm on the road, traveling again starting monday. heading down south florida for a while.

Alice said...

karyn - i just saw the picture of the cat chewing on the camera in your sidebar - what a hoot! i don't know if i've ever told you about our animals - we have a bunch - but in that bunch we have 16 cats! un believable! i don't know WHY we have 16 cats, but we do. i should so mailed you a few :)