Welcome to my blog. I have had ALS for 10 years now.


Since I started this blog in June 2008 I've had amazing feedback. Family, friends, people from all over North America, Australia, Scotland, England, and places I can't recall, have commented, encouraged and corresponded. I had no idea when Cynthia taught me how to set this up, how much I would love posting and how many people would read it. I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has helped propel this therapeutic exercise into a daily routine. All of you, both friends and visitors, are now part of my blog family. Welcome.

From Go Pro

From Go Pro
View from my living room

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Princess and the Pea

This is me these days. The bed is too hard, too soft, has a bump, squeaks, too hot, too cold, hurts my back, burns my feet, scrunches my head, etc., etc.. I just can't get comfortable. To sit up takes too much effort and hurts. To turn is impossible.
My poor carers pump the ROHO mattress up, take air out, put pillows under my legs, take them out. They switch sections of the mattress around, adjust the height of my head and I still wake up with pain. As my muscles weaken I can't move my butt or straighten my spine. It's darn frustrating!
I feel better now--thanks for listening.
It's just a "poor me" day. I allow myself to have a few.

1 comment:

Stephan Scharnberg said...

You're allowed as many "poor me" days as you need. Appropriate analogy to the fairy tale.