Welcome to my blog. I have had ALS for 10 years now.


Since I started this blog in June 2008 I've had amazing feedback. Family, friends, people from all over North America, Australia, Scotland, England, and places I can't recall, have commented, encouraged and corresponded. I had no idea when Cynthia taught me how to set this up, how much I would love posting and how many people would read it. I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has helped propel this therapeutic exercise into a daily routine. All of you, both friends and visitors, are now part of my blog family. Welcome.

From Go Pro

From Go Pro
View from my living room

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Go Canada Go!

This is 2 seconds of the fireworks at the Waterfront(Canada Place) last night. When Wayne Gretzky lit the final flame, the fireworks rose high over the city skyscrapers. I managed to get a few shots.
Both my hands are unsteady now, so I use a tripod whenever I can. If I want a special photo and I can't use the tripod, my Care Worker or a friend is my photographer. Some days I'm steady and can do my own, but I fatigue easily and find it difficult to hold the camera in a raised position.
I hope to have a platform for my camera on my new chair. However, the chair has gone back again for another fitting. Woe is me.

No comments: