Welcome to my blog. I have had ALS for 10 years now.


Since I started this blog in June 2008 I've had amazing feedback. Family, friends, people from all over North America, Australia, Scotland, England, and places I can't recall, have commented, encouraged and corresponded. I had no idea when Cynthia taught me how to set this up, how much I would love posting and how many people would read it. I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has helped propel this therapeutic exercise into a daily routine. All of you, both friends and visitors, are now part of my blog family. Welcome.

From Go Pro

From Go Pro
View from my living room

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Ocean and Boats


There is something romantic about the ocean and sailboats. It must be that dream of sailing away into the sunset with your perfect partner onboard-- no worries on the horizon. Of course if you've ever owned a boat it's very different. Storms, engine problems, sea sickness, all tend to destroy the romantic notion. However, I still pause by the seashore and dream. I dream of smooth sailing, candle light dinners, sunny warm weather and the perfect companion. I dream of anchoring in a beautiful cove and working on my novel that will become a best seller. I dream of impeccable health, fine wine, and watching otters float on the waves. I consider myself lucky that I love solitude, meditative time, and to dream. This way there is nothing I can't experience--real or not.

No comments: