Welcome to my blog. I have had ALS for 10 years now.


Since I started this blog in June 2008 I've had amazing feedback. Family, friends, people from all over North America, Australia, Scotland, England, and places I can't recall, have commented, encouraged and corresponded. I had no idea when Cynthia taught me how to set this up, how much I would love posting and how many people would read it. I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has helped propel this therapeutic exercise into a daily routine. All of you, both friends and visitors, are now part of my blog family. Welcome.

From Go Pro

From Go Pro
View from my living room

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Yummy



Apple Crisp Pie

Ingredients:

Pastry:
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 Tbs. sugar
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 6 Tbs. unsalted butter
* 2 Tbs. ice water

*


Filling:
* 4 Granny Smith apples
* 2 Tbs. sugar

*
Topping:
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 3/4 cup flour
* 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 8 Tbs. unsalted butter, chilled

Directions:

Pastry:
In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt. Cut butter into small cubes and with a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut butter into flour until pea sized granules form. Add ice water and mix lightly until dough forms a ball. Wrap plastic and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Roll out pastry and fit into 9" pie plate.

Filling:
peel, core and thinly slice apples; spread slices on paper towels and pat dry. Place in a bowl and toss with sugar. Fill pastry shell with apples, rounding up in center.

Topping:
Combing dry ingredients in a bowl. Cut butter into small cubes, add to dry ingredients and mix with finger tips until granular and crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over apples. Bake for 15 minutes in a preheated 425 oven, reduce heat to 350 and bake another 25 to 30 minutes until top is golden brown and apples are cooked and bubbly. Cover pastry around rim with aluminum foil, if it is browning too fast. Serve warm with whipped cream.

Serves 8.(but not at my place!)

1 comment:

Stephan Scharnberg said...

I'm guessing the apple crisp serves just one at your place!!!

Recipe sounds great. I'll try it next time I get a big bag of apples. I sure love an apple crisp.

See you Saturday.