Welcome to my blog. I have had ALS for 10 years now.


Since I started this blog in June 2008 I've had amazing feedback. Family, friends, people from all over North America, Australia, Scotland, England, and places I can't recall, have commented, encouraged and corresponded. I had no idea when Cynthia taught me how to set this up, how much I would love posting and how many people would read it. I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has helped propel this therapeutic exercise into a daily routine. All of you, both friends and visitors, are now part of my blog family. Welcome.

From Go Pro

From Go Pro
View from my living room

Saturday, March 28, 2009

An update on the car in the photo below

" ... the car in the photo is the most desirable make, model and year there is for most hot rodders.
It's a 1932 Ford five window coupe... the first year Ford produced a car with a V-8 engine made with a one piece cast iron engine block.
Before Ford developed the casting process that allowed his factory to make V8 blocks in a one piece casting they were made in three separate pieces requiring a lot of expensive machining which made V8 and V12 engines very expensive to produce.
By eliminating a lot of the machining and the time involved it made the more powerful and desirable V8 equipped Ford cars cheaper to produce and thus available to a much larger market.
The 1932 Ford body was also restyled from it's 1931 and earlier Model "A" predecessor and featured small but significant refinements such as slightly slanted windshield posts, a grill in front of the previously open radiator, and generally more rounded body styling.
Although produced at the height of the depression it sold well and remains today as one of the most admired and sought after early models ever produced by Ford.
Some of us who have always favoured Ford products over others consider some of the 1932 Fords... such as the three and five window coupes... as well as the two dooor sedan and the two door "Victoria" model to be the best looking cars Ford made in that era."
My thanks to Pat Sands for sending this information.

No comments: