Welcome to my blog. I have had ALS for 10 years now.


Since I started this blog in June 2008 I've had amazing feedback. Family, friends, people from all over North America, Australia, Scotland, England, and places I can't recall, have commented, encouraged and corresponded. I had no idea when Cynthia taught me how to set this up, how much I would love posting and how many people would read it. I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has helped propel this therapeutic exercise into a daily routine. All of you, both friends and visitors, are now part of my blog family. Welcome.

From Go Pro

From Go Pro
View from my living room

Monday, February 16, 2009

Sarah


Many of you who follow my blog will recall a post I did on Sarah in England who has ALS. This is a new photo of her adventuring out with her friend, sporting a wonderful talking tool called XP1.
"I can mount it on my wheelchair and finally talk to people when out. I've had great success at the bank and doctor so far. Hooray!!!"
Her smile relays the joy of regaining the ability to communicate--something we take for granted.
Sarah recently filmed a short with the MND association drawing attention to ALS-- how it ravages one's body. 
For those who are interested in the speaking device check this link.

No comments: