Welcome to my blog. I have had ALS for 10 years now.


Since I started this blog in June 2008 I've had amazing feedback. Family, friends, people from all over North America, Australia, Scotland, England, and places I can't recall, have commented, encouraged and corresponded. I had no idea when Cynthia taught me how to set this up, how much I would love posting and how many people would read it. I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has helped propel this therapeutic exercise into a daily routine. All of you, both friends and visitors, are now part of my blog family. Welcome.

From Go Pro

From Go Pro
View from my living room

Monday, February 9, 2009

Meinhardt's Deli





You gotta love this place! Always warm and helpful people, mood-lifting beautiful flowers and yummy food. I was there yesterday and took these photos from across the street at the Red Door Cafe. I love flowers sooo much as does a friend of mine who shares a liking for Minehardt's roast beef sandwich as well. I bought some salmon Wellington, spicy green beans and bread pudding. What a feast!
It was very cold out and I soon realized that I'm not able to move my fingers apart on my left hand. Paralysed muscles. They refused to go into the glove. After a little argument with them I decided to grin and 'bare' it. lol. If you hear about a lady talking to her fingers on Granville street--that was me! Despite the body parts not working it was fun to motor through the line-up at the Stanley Theatre, freeze my --- off and come home with treats.
A sad song about flowers made funny.

No comments: