Welcome to my blog. I have had ALS for 10 years now.


Since I started this blog in June 2008 I've had amazing feedback. Family, friends, people from all over North America, Australia, Scotland, England, and places I can't recall, have commented, encouraged and corresponded. I had no idea when Cynthia taught me how to set this up, how much I would love posting and how many people would read it. I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has helped propel this therapeutic exercise into a daily routine. All of you, both friends and visitors, are now part of my blog family. Welcome.

From Go Pro

From Go Pro
View from my living room

Monday, December 29, 2008

An ALS Pal




Every now and again I share a mini profile of another ALS patient who has helped me along the way. 
This is a picture of my Southern California ALS pal and her family at the 2008 ALS walk. Marilyn worked as a registered nurse in hospital management until ALS forced her retirement. She has been a great help to me throughout this challenging journey. You may or may not know how alone we can feel as we lose our strength and abilities. Although we have good friends and caring families, it's a comfort to share our ups and downs with others travelling along the same road. We learn so much by sharing ideas about treatment, support workers, available equipment, ways to cope, and how to have some fun while living with this disease.
Thank you Marilyn for "being there."

No comments: