Welcome to my blog. I have had ALS for 10 years now.


Since I started this blog in June 2008 I've had amazing feedback. Family, friends, people from all over North America, Australia, Scotland, England, and places I can't recall, have commented, encouraged and corresponded. I had no idea when Cynthia taught me how to set this up, how much I would love posting and how many people would read it. I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has helped propel this therapeutic exercise into a daily routine. All of you, both friends and visitors, are now part of my blog family. Welcome.

From Go Pro

From Go Pro
View from my living room

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Drew




SmartNav for Drewbie

By Ricky Buchanan • October 27, 2008

Drew is five years old and has spinal muscular atrophy (SMA). He has a fantastic website which his Nana puts together on her Mac - Drewbie’s Website has heaps of photos and movies about his life and triumphs.

Drew uses SmartNav to access his computer, using a switch for mouse clicks and moving his hand - with a reflective ring on it - to move the mouse pointer. He was featured in the last SmartNav newsletter and there’s a video on his website of Drew using SmartNav to play computer games with his brother.

Best of luck with your adventures, Drew!

- Ricky Buchanan, ATMac credit to  http://atmac.org/

See his website under song/video

2 comments:

Unknown said...

G'day Karyn,

Do you know how to put links in your blog? I know that you're new to this and have ALS, and I didn't see any links anywhere else.

It's just that I'm Ricky Buchanan - I wrote this post. I'm not angry that you used it without permission, I understand your motivation, but it would be nice if you could credit http://atmac.org/ as the place it came from. If it's too tricky, no stress though.

Cheers,
Ricky

Lizzy's Nina said...

That is so great for Drew!! Way to go!! Drew has a great Grandma!!

Lizzy has SMA Type 1 and 5 years old . Lots of info on her web-site/blog

www.our-sma-angels.com/elizabeth