Welcome to my blog. I have had ALS for 10 years now.


Since I started this blog in June 2008 I've had amazing feedback. Family, friends, people from all over North America, Australia, Scotland, England, and places I can't recall, have commented, encouraged and corresponded. I had no idea when Cynthia taught me how to set this up, how much I would love posting and how many people would read it. I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has helped propel this therapeutic exercise into a daily routine. All of you, both friends and visitors, are now part of my blog family. Welcome.

From Go Pro

From Go Pro
View from my living room

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Crossing the Bridge



This is the Burrard St. Bridge(beautiful architecture) but some of you may remember my white knuckle adventure with my brother crossing the Granville St. Bridge(I was on my power chair). It was a gutsy move on both our parts but a journey etched in my memory--and once it was over something to laugh about. I was listening to Elton John recently and his song about crossing the bridge seemed so relevant. It's a lesson to all of us who occasionally don't take a risk and regret it. Don't misinterpret me--bungee jumping and skydiving are not in the cards.
Elton gets the spotlight on my song of the day.

1 comment:

Alice said...

If you should change your mind about the bungee jumping - get some good pictures for your blog - lol.

I listened to the Learning to Fall song - wow! I loved it! Thanks for sharing it.