Welcome to my blog. I have had ALS for 10 years now.


Since I started this blog in June 2008 I've had amazing feedback. Family, friends, people from all over North America, Australia, Scotland, England, and places I can't recall, have commented, encouraged and corresponded. I had no idea when Cynthia taught me how to set this up, how much I would love posting and how many people would read it. I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has helped propel this therapeutic exercise into a daily routine. All of you, both friends and visitors, are now part of my blog family. Welcome.

From Go Pro

From Go Pro
View from my living room

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Share the Care


Back in March many of you took part in a Share the Care meeting at my apartment building. It was a way to gather together friends and family who were invited to be part of my care team. We knew it wasn't necessary for me to have a lot of care at that time but there were issues we wanted to address. Also it was a way for friends and family to meet one another. Since that meeting there have been many changes and new friends have joined the team to help out. Next week my 5 co-ordinators are getting together, as they have in the past, to brain storm some new issues and reconnect. If there are any concerns or questions you might have, please email me and we'll put your request on the agenda. We'll be contacting you after the meeting if we need volunteers, information, etc. Hopefully we'll be able to arrange another "get together" before year end. I better start working on replenishing my wine cellar!!
For those of you who are not familiar with the Share the Care book, it is an excellent reference for helping anyone with a serious illness.
I'm loving all the sunshine, my new camera, auto door opener, power chair and of course my family and friends(pen pals as well) who continue to support me and create joy in my life.

No comments: