Welcome to my blog. I have had ALS for 10 years now.


Since I started this blog in June 2008 I've had amazing feedback. Family, friends, people from all over North America, Australia, Scotland, England, and places I can't recall, have commented, encouraged and corresponded. I had no idea when Cynthia taught me how to set this up, how much I would love posting and how many people would read it. I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has helped propel this therapeutic exercise into a daily routine. All of you, both friends and visitors, are now part of my blog family. Welcome.

From Go Pro

From Go Pro
View from my living room

Monday, September 15, 2008

Painting by eye movement on computer



Courtesy Peggy Chun /

St. Francis Heathcare System of Hawaii
Artist Peggy Chun has amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's disease, and can only move her eyes.
This painting was done with eye movement alone.
What an inspiration!

1 comment:

Jacquie said...

Karyn, I came across your blog and wanted to comment on your sheer determination to live your live to the max. It was refreshing and delightful to get a feel for your humour and to view the Vancouver photos you have on your blog.

I am originally from Vancouver, now living in the UK. Just to say I feel blessed today for having "happened" upon your blog. Blessings to you, Karyn.