Welcome to my blog. I have had ALS for 10 years now.


Since I started this blog in June 2008 I've had amazing feedback. Family, friends, people from all over North America, Australia, Scotland, England, and places I can't recall, have commented, encouraged and corresponded. I had no idea when Cynthia taught me how to set this up, how much I would love posting and how many people would read it. I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has helped propel this therapeutic exercise into a daily routine. All of you, both friends and visitors, are now part of my blog family. Welcome.

From Go Pro

From Go Pro
View from my living room

Saturday, September 20, 2008

The exciting adventures of Ken and Karyn










The pictures are not in order--rather scrambled like my mind these days. However they're a sampling of our adventure. We planned on taking more photos but I forgot to charge my camera. Ken got the ultimate privilege of carrying my dead camera for most of the walk. Not just anyone gets to do that.
The first shot is of my best discovery--wheelchair accessible burgers and fries. Yum.
The second photo is of a very attractive woman in her wheelchair considering the approach to a space age bridge. It was a piece of cake. The background is the new Olympic Village under construction for 2010.
The picture that follows is of the construction site as well. These buildings will house 2800 athletes and officials. The last photo is the new permanent lounge chairs on the seawall. I considered trying one out but there wasn't an available construction crane to lift me back out.
It was a great adventure, and if you haven't walked the new seawall addition linking both sides of False Creek--you must. It's a beautiful part of this gorgeous city.

1 comment:

Alice said...

Thanks for posting the pictures of your adventure with your brother :) I never thought about it before, but I am sure the wheelchair accessible hamburger stand is a great idea. I guess I take too many things for granted. The Olympic venue shots are good, too. I enjoyed searching the internet for shots of the Beijing venues before-hand. I'll keep an eye on your blog as the time for your olympics comes closer :) I hope you have a great week. God bless :)