Welcome to my blog. I have had ALS for 10 years now.


Since I started this blog in June 2008 I've had amazing feedback. Family, friends, people from all over North America, Australia, Scotland, England, and places I can't recall, have commented, encouraged and corresponded. I had no idea when Cynthia taught me how to set this up, how much I would love posting and how many people would read it. I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has helped propel this therapeutic exercise into a daily routine. All of you, both friends and visitors, are now part of my blog family. Welcome.

From Go Pro

From Go Pro
View from my living room

Friday, July 11, 2008

I'm a little tired these days but managing to get out just the same.
Yesterday I went on a shopping excursion and it took me forever to try on a few pairs of capris. Getting my shoes on has become a labor of love so dealing with my slow limb responses in a shop change room was a challenge of great magnitude. My friends are so VERY patient. I'm sure they will all become saints after my demise.
Today I had my modified barium swallow test at UBC. They didn't see any blockage or extreme muscle slowness. They agreed that my coughing is due to some weakness but with a few changes to my diet I should be fine for now. I can still go out for lunch. Yahoo!
My brother is arriving tonight and we hope to purchase a small power chair tomorrow for indoors and the occasional outdoor adventure. The new one will be much narrower than the one I have for 'off roading' through the park. Starbucks will be pleased to see me clearing the door frame and leaving the garbage container upright. They're so picky!
I have posted a new inspirational movie clip on the right. Click on "A Gift for You." Enjoy.

No comments: